Projects per year
Check out my lab's work @ Child Social and Emotional Outcomes Lab (CSEOLab) https://akalli2.wixsite.com/cseolab
Angeliki Kallitsoglou is a senior lecturer in child psychology and special education based at the School of Education, University of Roehampton, and a chartered psychologist. Angeliki studies children’s social and emotional outcomes in the context of families and schools. In the family context she looks at caregiver-child relationships, parenting practices and family wellbeing. In the school setting, she is interested in implementation and evaluation of evidence-based practices. Angeliki is also interested in the evaluation of psychosocial interventions to support children's social and emotional outcomes.
PhD in Psychology and Special Education, Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education, London, UK
BA (Ptychion) in Educational and Social Policy (Major in Special Educational Needs), University of Macedonia, Greece
Angeliki welcomes collaborations and PhD students in the following research areas: social and emotional learning, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, parenting and its role in child social and emotional development and mental health, parent-child attachment and child behaviour difficulties, conduct problems and academic achievement, intervention programme evaluation and implementation, evaluation of the impact of the nurture approach/nurture groups on children's social and emotional wellbeing https://www.nurtureuk.org/
Mrs Evren Morgul
Ms Maria-Sofia Papadrosou
Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society
Member of the Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Trustee at www.nurtureuk.org
Professional and public engagement activities
- Steering committee - Wandle Early Years Hub Core Partnership - SEMH project ‘Supporting good mental health and wellbeing for Londoners – Early Years’
- Member of the board of trustees and chair of research at https://www.nurtureuk.org/
- Invited talk on 'Challenging behaviour, education and parenting in young children', Department of Teacher Education, University of Turku, Finland as part of the ERASMUS + Staff Mobility Programme 2019
- Public talk on children's early childhood social learning and behaviour open to parents with young children in the town of Kozani, Greece. Delivered as part of the Santander/CIRSIE funded 'Bright Futures' programme on parenting and parent-child attachment. Organised by the ‘Stroumfakia’ Day Nursey and hosted by the Folklore Museum of Kozani 2018
- Invited to acts as reviewer of the SPECTRUM Database, Education Endowment Fund 2017 https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/projects-and-evaluation/evaluating-projects/measuring-essential-skills/spectrum-database/
- Invited to write think-piece on the importance of parenting style in support of the Action for Children, Fair by Five campaign 2017 https://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/media/8871/afc-thinkpiece_parentingstyle.pdf
- Keynote speaker at the 10th International Conference on Child and Adolescent Psychopathology organised by the Department of Psychology, University of Roehampton, London, UK 2015
- Reviewer of the Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group https://dplp.cochrane.org/
- Journal Reviewer: Health Education; European Journal of Psychology of Education
Social and emotional dimensions of learning and teaching - EDU020N829S/A
Atypical learners: Diversity and inclusion - EDU020N830A/s
Manchester Child Attachment Story Task (MCAST) http://research.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/mcast
Incredible Years® http://www.incredibleyears.com/
Berkeley Puppet Interview (BPI) http://pages.uoregon.edu/dslab/BPI.html
Cochrane Collaboration http://www.cochrane.org/
Helping Children Achieve trial
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Pandemic Mood 2020: the views of working and studying mothers about coping with the challenges of the state of emergency
Topalli, P. & Kallitsoglou, A.
1/05/20 → …
Implementation of Evidence-based Practices for Social and Emotional Learning – A survey of early childhood/primary school trainee teachers’ views on the usefulness of academic research to inform practice decisions for pupils with social, emotional, and mental health needs
1/03/20 → …
Social and emotional difficulties in primary school: a pathway from grandparental support, maternal wellbeing and parenting in early childhood
Kallitsoglou, A. & Akyol, N.
1/01/20 → …
A cross-cultural examination of the psychosocial impact of COVID-19 lockdown on child and family wellbeing in the UK and Turkey
1/10/19 → …
Caregiver-reported changes in the socioemotional wellbeing and daily habits of children with special educational needs during the first COVID-19 national lockdown in the UKMorgül, E., Kallitsoglou, A., Essau, C. A. & Castro-Kemp, S., 14 Feb 2022, In: Frontiers in Education.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile24 Downloads (Pure)
Attachment Disorganisation and Poor Maternal Discipline in Early Childhood: Independent Contributions to Symptoms of Conduct ProblemsKallitsoglou, A. & Repana, V., 15 Oct 2021, In: Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. 26, 4, p. 436-448 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Children’s family drawings: association with attachment representations in story stem narratives and social and emotional difficultiesKallitsoglou, A., Repana, V. & Shiakou, M., 13 Feb 2021, In: EARLY CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND CARE.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Coping with homeschooling and caring for children during the UK COVID-19 lockdown: voices of working mothersKallitsoglou, A. & Topalli, P-Z., 16 Mar 2021.
Research output: Working paper › Preprint
Predictors of Change in Children’s Internalising and Externalising Behaviour Before and During the Initial COVID-19 Lockdown in the UK and Turkey: A Cross-cultural ExaminationMorgul, E., Kallitsoglou, A. & Essau, C. A., 20 Dec 2021.
Research output: Working paper › Preprint
Angeliki Kallitsoglou (Advisor)2022 → …
Activity: Public engagement and outreach › Other
The immediate impact of COVID-19 school closures on the mental health and wellbeing of children and families: findings from three cross- sectional studies
Angeliki Kallitsoglou (Speaker)25 Mar 2022
Activity: Talk or presentation for an academic audience › Invited talk for an academic audience
Supporting good mental health and wellbeing for Londoners – Wandle Early Years Hub Core Partnership - Greater London Authority
Angeliki Kallitsoglou (Advisor)2021
Activity: Public engagement and outreach › Workshop and other training
Angeliki Kallitsoglou (Contributor) & Pamela-Zoe Topalli (Contributor)2021
Activity: Public engagement and outreach › Media Article or Participation
Person: Doctor of Philosophy