Projects per year
Dr Donato Vozza is a Lecturer in Law at Roehampton Law School and an Associate at the Research Centre for Sustainability and Responsible Management. He contributes to teaching at both LLB and LLM levels and is an Academic Guidance Tutor of a group of LLB students.
Before joining Roehampton University, he served as a Research Associate in Financial Crime at the Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity of Coventry University and as a Guest Researcher at the Research Center on International Cooperation in the area of Anti-Corruption and Asset Recovery in the G20 Member States.
He holds a PhD in Internationalisation of Criminal Policy (2013) and conducted legal research at the Centre for Research on Criminal Justice and Policy of the Catholic University of Milan, the Center for Prevention and Social Defense, the College for Criminal Law Science of Beijing Normal University, and the Second University of Naples.
Donato is also qualified as a lawyer. As a member of the White-Collar Crime and Business Integrity Unit (Rome, Italy) of a renowned international law firm, he advised clients on corporate liability and compliance programs.
As a representative of the International Scientific and Professional Advisory Council of the United Nations Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme, he took part in the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Expert group meeting on effective management and disposal of seized and confiscated assets.
He is an Associate Editor of the Corporate Social Responsibility Blog, which is an international scientific platform intended to provide a forum for exchanging information and ideas across disciplinary and professional boundaries, and to foster rigorous, vigorous, and constructive debate about corporate irresponsible behaviour causes, consequences, and potential remedies. In the context of the CSR Blog, he also participated in the Collaborative Online International Learning project.
Donato is also a member of the International Association of Penal Law.
Dr Vozza has participated in the following research projects:
- The illicit traffic of cultural goods (coordinated by the International Scientific and Professional Advisory Council of the United Nations Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme)
- Comparative legal responses to environmental crimes and historical pollution (coordinated by the Catholic University of Milan and developed in cooperation, among others, with scholars from the University of California Irvine, Queen Mary University, Collège de France, and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität)
- Corporate compliance on a global scale (coordinated by the Centro Nazionale di Prevenzione e Difesa Sociale and developed in cooperation, among others, with scholars of the New York University, Georgetown University, Catholic University of Milan, and University of Castilla-La-Mancha)
- New methods to prevent, investigate and mitigate corruption and tax crimes in the EU - Horizon 2020 (coordinated by Coventry University and developed, among others, with different authorities, including the Austrian Ministry of Justice, Irish An Garda Siochana, and Financial Intelligence Unit of Malta)
Recently, Dr Vozza has been involved as an expert in the following projects:
- VAT fraud: Interdisciplinary Research on Tax crimes in the European Union, funded by the European Anti-Fraud Office and coordinated by Coventry University
- Whistling at the fake: the crucial role of whistleblowers in countering disinformation, funded by NATO and coordinated by Manchester Metropolitan University
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Finished
Corruption, Tax Evasion, and the Distortion of Justice: Global Challenges and International ResponsesBachmaier Winter, L. & Vozza, D., 2023, In: Law and Contemporary Problems. 85, p. 75-100
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Turksen, U. (ed.), Vozza, D. (ed.), Kreissl, R. (ed.) & Rasmouki, F. (ed.), 23 Feb 2023, Oxford University Press (OUP).
Research output: Book/Report › Edited Book › peer-review
Vozza, D., 2022, Corporate Compliance on a Global Scale: Legitimacy and Effectiveness. Springer, p. 313 340 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Vozza, D. & Coluccello, S., 16 Jun 2021, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions. Springer, p. 949-960 (Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Entry for encyclopedia/dictionary
Vozza, D., 6 Aug 2017, Historical Pollution. Centonze, F. & Manacorda, S. (eds.). Springer, p. 385-421
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter › peer-review
- 1 Oral presentation for an academic audience
Organized criminal groups and professional enablers: Breaking the partnership in crime in the area of taxation
Donato Vozza (Speaker)1 Dec 2021
Activity: Talk or presentation for an academic audience › Oral presentation for an academic audience